At The Candle Tree, we have a huge collection of luxury natural soaps. Our French soap range in particular is a firm favourite with good reason. French soap has many skin and well being benefits. Our 125g Savon de Marseille Strawberry Soap is enriched with BIO Shea Butter, which creates a rich and creamy lather leaving your skin soft and moisturised. It is an artisanal vegetable French Soap, certified without animal fat and made in Marseille from rigorously selected raw materials. Our Strawberry French soap is a perfect seasonal choice for June. It will bring a lovely fresh fruity fragrance to your summer skin care routine.
This fruit had its first mention in the ancient Roman literature in reference to its medicinal use. In fact, the word strawberry is derived from the Old English streawberige – because the plant sends out runners that are similar to pieces of straw. Also called ‘fraise’ in French, ‘erdbeere’ in Greek, ‘fragola’ in Italian, and ‘fresa’ in Spanish, strawberries have been in cultivation for thousands of years. They didn’t find their place in the commercial market until the late Renaissance era in Europe. The fruit is native to North America. Some records show that the early settlers in Massachusetts cultivated and ate strawberries as early as 1643.
Strawberry Skin Benefits
• Controlling Inflammation:
Researchers suspect that the berries’ anthocyanins (the pigments that give them their brilliant red colour), are of great importance. These compounds have important anti-inflammatory, antioxidant properties and are capable of repairing and protecting your skin.
• Rich In Vitamin C: These fruits can be used to make excellent face masks to fight oily skin, as well as nourish and revitalize your skin. Strawberries are acidic in nature and this is effective to remove the excess sebum on skin. Strawberry juice is very efficient in lightening blemishes and acne scars.
• Improve Skin Health: Strawberries contain alpha-hydroxy acid, which is an important substance that helps eliminate dead skin cells and cleanses the skin in the process. Some studies have shown strawberry treatments with alpha hydroxy acids have been found to reverse signs of aging.
• Improve Skin Appearance: The strawberry fruit also contains salicylic acid and ellagic acid, which are known for reducing hyperpigmentation and dark spots. Salicylic acid is also known for removing dead cells from the skin and tightening the skin pores to prevent further acne breakouts.
• Vitamin C: Strawberries are also an excellent source of vitamin C, which can cleanse the skin and keep it healthy. The berries have other skin benefits too. They improve your complexion, tone and soothe irritated skin, and offer protection from UV radiation.
• Natural Face Mask: You can simply mix strawberry paste with some honey and apply to your face every morning. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes and wash with cold water. You can replace honey with rose water as well, or even add milk to the recipe. All these ingredients work wonders in improving skin health.
• De-puff Eyes: If you suffer with tired, puffy eyes in the morning, try slicing a cooled strawberry and placing them on your eyelids for a few minutes. The strawberries have astringent properties, which means they help the skin to contract.
Along with the Strawberry soap, we also have a large range of wonderful high quality French soaps for you to try - 60g & 125g Savonnette Marseillaise, 250g luxury oval soap from Marseille, 300g square block French soap, heart guest soaps and traditional 300g Savon de Marseille cubes.
Wash away your worries, relax, close your eyes and let your body absorb the natural ingredients of our fabulous soaps! See link below for more soaps: