At The Candle Tree, we have a large collection of luxury natural soaps. Our French soap range in particular has many skin and well-being benefits. Our 125g Savon de Marseille Jasmine Soap is enriched with BIO Shea Butter, which creates a rich and creamy lather leaving your skin soft and moisturised. It is an artisanal vegetable French Soap, certified without animal fat and made in Marseille from rigorously selected raw materials. Our Jasmine French soap is a perfect floral seasonal choice for Summer. Even more fabulous is that the soap is currently on offer at half price, whilst stocks last.
Jasmine is a genus of shrubs and vines that belong to the olive family. It contains around 200 species native to tropical and warm temperate regions of Asia, Africa, and Australia. These can be either deciduous (leaves falling in autumn) or evergreen (green all year round), and may be upright, spreading, or climbing shrubs and vines, with white or yellow flowers in clusters. Jasmine is typically grown for the flowers, which open between six and eight in the evening when the temperature starts to go down. Some varieties thrive in cool weather, while others do better in warm weather, with the outdoor varieties thriving in full sun with fertile, well-drained soils. Historically, jasmine was used in many ways to provide health benefits.
The word Jasmine actually means “Gift from God”. Jasmine has long been used as a form of aromatherapy to treat depression, stress, and to calm nerves.
The exquisite essential oil has a sweet exotic smell, which deeply relaxes, soothes nerves, and boosts confidence.
The Chinese used the stems, petals, roots, and leaves for pain relief. They also used the flowers to ignite passion. The roots were used internally to treat headaches and insomnia, and were reported to have anesthetic properties.
Skin Benefits of Jasmine
Jasmine is rich in a variety of active chemical components that are beneficial to the skin.
- Anti-aging: Because of its antioxidants, jasmine can help protect from environmental stress. This can help give a youthful appearance to your skin.
- Evens skin tone: Jasmine can help as the oil is very effective in evening the tone of skin as well as reducing the appearance of age spots.
- Moisturising: Like many natural oils, jasmine oil helps treat dry skin and provide natural moisture that won't clog pores.
- Soothing: Jasmine Sambac, a variety from Hawaii, is perfect for those with finicky skin temperaments, as it's non-irritating and non-sensitizing. It's also great for dry, greasy, or sensitive skin, as it helps to balance all types without irritating.
- Beautiful scent: We can't deny the lovely natural scent that this flower has, so adding it to skin care helps to elevate mood as well as nourish your skin.
Along with this fabulous Jasmine soap, we also have a large range of wonderful high quality French soaps for you to try - 60g & 125g Savonnette Marseillaise, 250g luxury oval soap from Marseille, 300g square block French soap, heart guest soaps and traditional 300g Savon de Marseille cubes.
Wash away your worries, relax, close your eyes and let your body absorb the natural ingredients of our fabulous soaps! See link below for more soaps: