At The Candle Tree, we pride ourselves on our extensive collection of luscious natural soaps. Our French soap collection in particular is a firm favourite. French soap has many delightful skin benefits. As Valentines is upon us a perfect choice would be our rose scented French soaps.
Interesting Rose facts:
• There are about of hundred species of roses, which vary widely in colour, shape, and climate preferences, tea roses, however, are the most common.
• According to Victorian flower dictionaries, a rose's colour determines its meaning. Red roses signify "love," pink ones mean "grace," peach signals "modesty," and and orange implies "fascination."
• According to the Guinness Book of World Records, roses are the oldest species of plant to be grown as decoration. Ancient Romans cultivated the flowers to decorate buildings and furniture, and even laid rose petal carpets.
• About 100 million roses are grown for Valentine's Day each year. And florists spend the months leading up to the big day worrying about the bad weather that might ruin crops around the world.
Rose For Your Beauty Regime
Roses are not just a beautiful addition to your home and garden-but rose petals can be transformed in to a variety of skincare and beauty products. Our handmade rose soaps are a favourite for those who are looking for its signature floral aroma and multitude of beauty benefits.
• Facial Cleanser: The skin on your face is more sensitive than the skin on the rest of your body. This is why many turn to gentle cleansing products designed solely for the face. While our rose soap can be used to cleanse your entire body, some use it only for cleansing their face in the morning, and removing makeup in the evening.
• Healthy Youthful Skin: Whether speaking of your face, or your entire body, you can turn to our rose soap to maintain healthy and youthful skin. Rose petals have a natural anti-inflammatory properties that help to heal skin abrasions, eczema, and broken capillaries that lead to rosacea. It also contains natural vitamins and nutrients that help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
• Antibacterial: Naturally antibacterial rose essential oil makes can help treat acne and acne-prone skin. Combined with its cleansing properties, rose makes an ideal ingredient in face washes and cleansers.
• Anti-inflammatory: While we may think of roses for their iconic deep red color, rose oils can actually help reduce swollen spots or redness on your skin. Rose is a natural anti-inflammatory and helps to heal and repair minor skin abrasions. Its calming properties can also help sooth rosecea and eczema.
• Moisturising: The natural oils found in roses help lock moisture into the skin, keeping skin feeling smooth. Rose is especially beneficial for those with sensitive skin because the sugars in its petals create a soothing feeling. Try this 125g Savonnette Marseillaise Rose Soap, enriched with BIO Shea Butter. This artisanal vegetable French Soap, is certified 100% vegetable and made in Marseille from rigorously selected raw materials.
• Face mask: You can even create a calming face mask from rose petals. Simply soak 8 petals in 3-4 tablespoons of water for 2-3 hours. Then mash the petals into the water and add 3 tablespoons of honey. Mix well, and apply to entire face. Leave on for 15-30 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
• Antioxidants: Rose contains high amounts of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant. This important vitamin can help protect skin cells from damage, such as from staying out in the sun too long. Some evidence even suggests that rose water can help prevent sunburn.
• Naturally fragrant: Many organic beauty products choose to include rose for its delicate aroma in lieu of artificial fragrances.
• Relaxing: When used aromatically, rose calms and soothes the mind. In fact, rose petals are a staple in Ayurvedic medicine to detoxify and calm. While this characteristic doesn’t directly add beauty benefits, it sure makes that rose-scented lotion or cream an extra pleasant experience.
• Toning: As a natural astringent, rose helps tighten pores and restore suppleness for a glowy complexion. Unlike conventional alcohol-based toners, rose leaves skin feeling smooth, not dried out.
By infusing these authentic Savon Rose De Marseille soaps with roses, we create a versatile beauty bar! You will still enjoy all of the benefits of these traditional soap cubes, with the beauty boosting properties of rose. The enticing aroma is captivating, the distinct floral scent of roses is unmistakable. Since natural essential oils and natural rose petals are used, this beauty bar has an enticing but light floral scent. On its own, Savon Rose De Marseille is gentle and ultra-hydrating. Once infused with rose, the combined vitamins and nutrients will work together to minimise fine lines, slow the ageing process and deliver youthful and beautiful skin.
These handmade rose French soaps are perfect for sensitive skin and can be used by the entire family. Treat yourself with the luxurious rose French soap today!